|Visit|Study|German Visas|Other|News|About Us|Contact Us
Home Immigration Business/Investment Sponsorship
Visit Study German Visas Other News About Us Contact Us

Canada Sponsorship

Canadian citizens and permanent residents living in Canada, 18 years of age or older, may sponsor close relatives or family members who want to become permanent residents of Canada. Sponsors must promise to support the relative or family member and their accompanying family members for a period of three to 10 years to help them settle in Canada.

Under the Canada–Quebec Accord, the province of Quebec has a role in determining sponsorship eligibility for Quebec residents. However, the Quebec portion of the process is begun only after Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) has finished its assessment of your ability to meet Canada’s sponsorship requirements.

If you live in Quebec and want more information about the province’s immigration requirements please contact Quebec Immigration for information.

You can sponsor relatives or family members from abroad if they are:

  • spouses, common-law or conjugal partners 16 years of age or older;
  • parents and grandparents;
  • dependent children, including adopted children;
  • children under 18 years of age whom you intend to adopt;
  • brothers, sisters, nephews, nieces or grandchildren who are orphans; under the age of 18 and not married or in a common-law relationship; or
  • you may also sponsor one relative of any age if you do not have an aunt, uncle or family member from the list above who you could sponsor or who is already a Canadian citizen, Indian or permanent resident.
  • A son or daughter is dependent when the child:
    • is under the age of 22 and does not have a spouse or common-law partner;
    • is a full time student and is substantially dependent on a parent for financial support since before the age of 22, or since becoming a spouse or common-law partner (if this happened before age 22); or
    • is financially dependent on a parent since before the age of 22 because of a disability.

Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada Class

You may also sponsor a spouse or common-law partner from within Canada if they have been living with you in Canada. Sponsorship of a spouse or common-law partner includes their dependent children whether inside or outside of Canada.

Contact Us

Please feel free to contact us to discuss your various immigration options, visa categories and study opportunities. We will be more than happy to assist you and answer any questions you may have. Read our privacy policy.
Related tags: canada sponsor family, immigrate to canada, apply canada visa from dubai, canada sponsor spouse, obtain canadian citizenship, canadian permanent residency, canada sponsorship application, canada sponsor common law, canada sponsorship application fee


P.O. Box 44801
106-Block A, Al Fardan Center
Buhaira Corniche
Sharjah, U.A.E.

Get In Touch

Chat with Us On WhatsappFind Us On FacebookCircle Us With Google PlusFollow us on LinkedInCall Us On SkypeNews Feed
Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Canadian Center For Immigration Services. All rights reserved. Powered by CSS.